Ceramic house tiles

I like your stand. Great idea. :grinning:

2 Likes

Was meant as a barbie sized table, for a Tea room diorama. Not all ideas pan out.
But the nieces loved it.

4 Likes

Have you considered using LaserTile - a specialty tile that engraves black/gray and requires no other application of color. I think your art would be awesome on it.

2 Likes

Ohhh!! Didn’t know that existed!!! Thanks for letting me know :heart::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I still have a good supply of it. It’s more expensive, communication is almost nil, and shipping is extraordinarily slow, but it’s worth the wait. If you do a search here on the forum, you will find some posts I made showing my own LaserTile projects as well as posts by others, as well. I love the stuff.

4 Likes

I couldn’t resist…here are two drawings done by my brother that have been put onto LaserTile;

16 Likes

They look great.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of people use Laser Tile. They DO look great, but, for the cost of them and having to wait so long to get shipping information, I think I will stick to my cheap ceramic tiles lol

3 Likes

I’m curious if since this post you’ve had experience with sealants and how they’ve held up? I’d like to do a new post about it but am searching through any relevant previous ones first to see what I can find or what wisdom people can share. After having a good degree of fading on tiles that I coloured with sharpie and sealed were outside, I’m about to start a trial with a number of different types of sealants.

1 Like

I haven’t actually sealed any of mine. I have wondered the same thing honestly… I will probably try some clear spray lacquer. I DID try Mod Podge once, but it was very streaky

1 Like

Nice idea. I’d like to try this. Thanks for the idea!

Recently made a set of coasters, hubby painted them. I love how yours turned out! Might have to break out the tile.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Nice coasters.

4 Likes

Love the color on that, very nice!

2 Likes

What settings did you use to engrave on ceramic tile?

1 Like

Hey there, the settings I used were:
600 speed, full power and 450 lpi. I can’t remember if I measured them or just did “set focus” but then I color them in with either a sharpie or with acrylic paint :slight_smile:

Great, thank you!

1 Like

No problem at all! Those settings have worked well for me on normal white tiles, but if you seem to have any issues, just message me

1 Like

Hello, I’m struggling with the settings on 1/4 in house tile. Suggestions? It’s etching at 400 power & 225 lines but it’s barely visible. Help!

We can only discuss settings for non proofgrade materials in the Beyond the Manual section of the forum. If you search that section you will find a wealth of information regarding engraving ceramic tiles. Here is a thread that has lots of good info: Etching Tile

1 Like