Ceramic house tiles

You should give “magic erasers” a try (they’re all the same so don’t think you need to buy Mr. Clean brand lol) Just get it a little wet and very, VERY, lightly rub the piece. Takes a little while if you have a lot of excess ink on the tile to clean off, but, it does a good job of not taking too much detail away

3 Likes

I will!

1 Like

Using a little pressure on the melamine foam (magic eraser) can create a water color effect. It kinda fades out the bright colors, but be warned it may also drag one color into another. Although, you may want that sometimes.

9 Likes

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh! Trying this for sure!

This is why I got started on the GF in the first place. I saw what they could do with just tile.

Edit: Water, Magic eraser, sharpie (let totally dry first) and a bit of patience.

11 Likes

I like your stand. Great idea. :grinning:

2 Likes

Was meant as a barbie sized table, for a Tea room diorama. Not all ideas pan out.
But the nieces loved it.

4 Likes

Have you considered using LaserTile - a specialty tile that engraves black/gray and requires no other application of color. I think your art would be awesome on it.

2 Likes

Ohhh!! Didn’t know that existed!!! Thanks for letting me know :heart::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I still have a good supply of it. It’s more expensive, communication is almost nil, and shipping is extraordinarily slow, but it’s worth the wait. If you do a search here on the forum, you will find some posts I made showing my own LaserTile projects as well as posts by others, as well. I love the stuff.

4 Likes

I couldn’t resist…here are two drawings done by my brother that have been put onto LaserTile;

16 Likes

They look great.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of people use Laser Tile. They DO look great, but, for the cost of them and having to wait so long to get shipping information, I think I will stick to my cheap ceramic tiles lol

3 Likes

I’m curious if since this post you’ve had experience with sealants and how they’ve held up? I’d like to do a new post about it but am searching through any relevant previous ones first to see what I can find or what wisdom people can share. After having a good degree of fading on tiles that I coloured with sharpie and sealed were outside, I’m about to start a trial with a number of different types of sealants.

1 Like

I haven’t actually sealed any of mine. I have wondered the same thing honestly… I will probably try some clear spray lacquer. I DID try Mod Podge once, but it was very streaky

1 Like

Nice idea. I’d like to try this. Thanks for the idea!

Recently made a set of coasters, hubby painted them. I love how yours turned out! Might have to break out the tile.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Nice coasters.

4 Likes

Love the color on that, very nice!

2 Likes

What settings did you use to engrave on ceramic tile?

1 Like