Chair for toy figures

Our Glowforge (or as our daughter calls it the “Shape Maker”) showed up today. Our first real project was a set of chairs for her various toys:

I designed them in Fusion 360. Here’s the SVG file if you want to make one yourself. It’s designed around 1/8" ply.

chair

Worked great with the default settings.

68 Likes

So cute, no greater joy than making one’s kids happy!

7 Likes

That’s so cute! Now they need a little table so they can have a teaparty! :grinning:

1 Like

I love the little chairs! They are so adorable! My kids would love that type of thing. Great work!

1 Like

Very cute! I like that: The Shape Maker.

1 Like

Nice. Now if the other three only enjoyed their chairs as much as the pig. Ingrates!

3 Likes

These are great … very kind of you to share the file!

We have a HUGE playhouse with furniture we picked up second hand … but, now I’m thinking the only thing missing is a playset for the pretend yard. My grandson would love that!

Don’t forget we have been promised the design for the dollhouse in the Glowforge video!

1 Like

That’s so cute! Now they need a little table so they can have a teaparty! :grinning:

Funny that you should mention that. This project was motivated by a table I build with my daughter ~9 months ago from scrap in my shop:

6 Likes

Awright! :grinning:

This is incredibly precious. Next time she can hand-draw her toys’ names for the Shape Maker to engrave on each chair!

2 Likes

Very nice ! (Did you name your forge “shapeMaker”?) :slightly_smiling_face: