Charcuterie board

I made this charcuterie board for my wife, who is from Guam. It’s no big deal, except that instead of engraving I used the “Multiple score” method that I posted about a couple of days ago. So the entire board printed in 9 mins instead of over half and hour had I engraved, it.

29 Likes

And now I’m imagining a piece of ham shaped like Guam.

7 Likes

You mean “Huam”?

9 Likes

Don’t give my wife that idea… next thing she’ll be be asking me to put ham & cheese in my glowforge!

4 Likes

This last time I was on Guam I was asked if my Social Security Number began with “586”? That’s proof that I was raised on the island—or born there. Does that check out with your wife—or does she have a hidden past!? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It does!

3 Likes

Lol, I found out that SSN’s are issued based on your mailing address at the time you apply. So I was born in OK, but my number starts with the numbers issued in NY. My parents used my grandmother’s mailing address when I was born since we were military and moved around too much.

3 Likes

Great time saving technique!

3 Likes

Nice way to speed it up … looks good!

3 Likes

Thanks, although I suspect some of you are being generous by not pointing out that the multiple scores around Guam aren’t spaced properly to create a solid, wide line. I didn’t notice it until i looked at the photo in the post & zoomed in a little.

This didn’t happen with the text or the edge outline. Must be some kind of bug/limitation in the illustrator “path/outline” function when applied to a complex path.

To create the effect i made an illustrator action that takes the selected path & applies a .008” negative offset, five times. i ran the action on the text, the border, & the island outline.

1 Like

Made with love … she will love using it!

2 Likes

Ooooh! That is absolutely deluxe looking!

1 Like