Charity Function Red Dress and Necklace

this is great.

it kinda reminds me of something put on by IIDA chapters called “cosmo couture.” where interior designers create crazy fashion out of all kinds of interior design materials (i believe they get assigned something and create out of it).

i’ve been itching to help out the interior designers at my firm with the office laser cutter, but they haven’t done it in DC since 2019. maybe next year.

https://www.facebook.com/CosmoCoutureDc/photos/

5 Likes

I suppose that one should not be looking at the computer when driving anything much less hot liquids. (jk) My spell check keeps giving me carp as well :wink: but it did take a min to realize it was not “driving or drinking hot liquids,” before realizing that the driving part did not make sense either.

5 Likes

Lmao. My phone thinks it knows what is better to say than me. It’s a pretty funny sentence, think I’ll leave it. Gives the mental image of me riding on a giant cup of coffee.

4 Likes

DAYUM, that is a mighty fine necklace! Did you use spacers or o-rings between the pieces? I hope you post photos of you wearing the outfit.

It would be way cool for you to make matching earrings. If your ears aren’t pierced, you can still use the clip or screwback styles.

6 Likes

This looks like something a celebrity would wear to the Oscars.

8 Likes

I want to see a photo of you wearing it!!!

5 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of jewelry made on a :glowforge: bit never a full dress. Very impressive!

4 Likes

has the event happened yet? how did it go?

2 Likes

Way cool. If only you could get it in a tartan red plaid, then you could have done a kilt

3 Likes

there are people that will make that acrylic for you. or at least UV print it for you.

4 Likes

a) you must post a photo of you wearing your dress
2) Glowforge must post a highlight photo of you in your dress
c) do you have a form (is that what it is called) of your own body? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Whaaat!!! This is FANTASTIC!

2 Likes

This is BEYOND!!! What beautiful work you have done here.

1 Like

Where can one apply for a collab? :slight_smile:

^^^this was my up cycling of red window curtains. Low cost material that can add some ruffle trimmings to acrylic :slight_smile:

Love how the acrylic dress came out. .

16 Likes

WOW this is fantabuloso! LOVE the necklace, wonderful. The dress is an unbelievable work of art!

2 Likes

I love this program!

2 Likes

I think we’ve watched every single season and episode…

3 Likes

It’s brilliant, and Making The Cut!

4 Likes

Wow! Absolutely love the necklace to add to the show-stopper dress!

4 Likes

Picture or it didn´t happen.

I love what you made!

4 Likes