Check your hoses for holes occasionally

POWERTEC 70108 4-Inch Blast Gate for Vacuum/Dust Collector

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005VRPQ92/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_tGtgEbF88AG6F

You can also find them at Home Depot.

There are designs for d-i-y versions here but for the price it wasn’t worth it to me to go to the trouble of building one.

I also have a louvered cover on the outside but I’m a belts & suspenders kind of guy.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that no matter how much tape I use or how much I spend on quality brands, it eventually tends to let go and create leaks.

Try 3M aluminum tape. It is what professionals use for duct work.
A bit expensive, but it has many uses as it holds up much better than polymer backed tape.

3 Likes

And the entire section inside the house is negative pressure when it is running. So tiny leaks have room air flowing into the hose and piping - not smoke leaking out like a positive pressure hose.

Someone suggested mastic tape. Huge difference.

That might have been me.

1 Like

Bought the insulated hose at least 6 months ago, the in-line fan and a controller at least 3 months ago.

Just cut down all the Christmas cardboard and shelved it, now this weekendI plan to finally get it done. Right after I clean the exhaust fan. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

WOW. Got the insulated hose today as well as a few things to improve my window setup (no more cardboard) and WOW. When you said it would cut down on the noise I don’t know what I expected but like whoa. It really does to an impressive degree.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.