Chest of Drawers/Jewelry Cabinet

Woke up in the middle of the night one night and thought of this. I ended up not being able to go back to sleep because I kept working out all the details in my head. Well, I finally finished designing, cutting and putting it together and it works pretty nice! The drawers are big enough for me to use as a storage place for some of the tools, paints and box cutters I use. Overall deminsions are approximately 10" wide x 18-3/4" high x 9-3/4" deep. The drawers are 2-3/4" deep, but has room for something that is 3-1/4" tall. The top drawer can only store something that is 3" tall. The top box with the lid can store something 3" tall. All of this is made with 3mm Baltic Birch with a 3mm Walnut finish on the front and two sides. The drawer knobs are made with 1" square 6mm Baltic Birch finished with 1" square Walnut glued on top. The drawer fronts are scored for easy placement of the knobs.

Chest of Drawers.zip (14.7 KB)

63 Likes

Thank you. That seem like a good way to decorate an office.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing. When I wake up in the middle of the night I never think of anything anywhere near this interesting. :wink:

13 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Wow, now that’s a nice design! THanks for the share.

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Nice use of your waking hours! I find that the best time to work through anything on my mind. Thank you for sharing your work.

7 Likes

Impressive, what a way to spend a night.

4 Likes

I get that nighttime inspiration (or anxiety, depending on the day). Yours really paid off!

8 Likes

What a very elegant design - and thank you for sharing! I too get that middle of the night working out a design inspiration. Part of me wants to get up and make it straight away,…

10 Likes

This is so cute! Thank you so much for the share. I love stuff like this to gift small presents in!

5 Likes

Wow! I’m sorry you didn’t sleep well but what a great creation. Thanks for sharing with us. Looks super useful and elegant too. How I love tabletop drawer units!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for this! I need this on my craft table to keep all of my little things scattered which are currently scattered all over. I’m thinking of all my little “need to paint this” projects. You are so generous to share this. Mine won’t be as fancy, just draftboard, but I do know how to paint it!

7 Likes

There is an inner and an outer shell on it. The outer shell is where I used the Walnut. If you use draft board on both it would still give it enough strength to hold up. Or… After second thought you might be able to just do the chest with 1 layer of 6mm, you can then make the top box lid and front out of just the 3mm draft. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks so much :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

I’ll be making this soon. Will let you know!

2 Likes

Love this. Thanks for sharing this file.

2 Likes

This is really great! Glad your nighttime inspiration paid off so handsomely. Thank you for the generous share of the file!

3 Likes