Chicago Earrings - Art Deco Style

Thank you! These will make some of my co-workers, really happy. :smiley:

I’m going to save them until after St. Pat’s though. :shamrock:

5 Likes

Lovely. Thanks!

1 Like

They’re stunning! What a kind gift for your conference table mates! Wow!! Perfect candidate for Rub & Buff.

2 Likes

Hello…these are so pretty. You mentioned you painted them with Rub & Buff…did it stay on the wood? or did you have to prep at all?

Thank you so much for sharing this design, it’s fantastic!

4 Likes

Thanks! It seems like it’s staying on pretty well! It was unfinished cheap-o wood (I think birch) and I didn’t prep or finish at all, just put a little on a rag and rubbed it in. After I rubbed it in, it doesn’t seem to come off on fingers / clothes or anything and I’ve worn them a few times so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are gorgeous . I am not able to see or get the file :slightly_frowning_face:Has it been removed? If not can you please send it to me kath2502@me.com Thank you

If you scroll to the bottom of the original post, you will see the outline file. Right click on that and “save as” svg.

@kath2502 thanks! The file is still there, like @dklgood mentioned, just scroll up to the end of my original post and it’s there (little floating grey thing) that you can right click on and save.

1 Like

That was really kind of you to share. Thank you so much. Your finished earrings are beautiful.

2 Likes

Hi Shaena!

I haven’t used rub & buff before. Can you get it at a local craft store or online? Is that the name of it, or a style (made by others)? I am most DEFINITELY going to make this for my mom for her card group. :slight_smile: I’ll try to get some made up this weekend.

Thank you for sharing! Very generous of you.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=rub+%26+buff&crid=2U4QRA72VNL2N&sprefix=rub+%26+buff%2Caps%2C255&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_10

2 Likes

All craft and hobby stores have it, although stock levels can sometimes be hit-or-miss.

1 Like

Thank you for the generous share!! Beautiful! Can’t wait to give it a try.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this beautiful earring! Can’t wait to make a set for my daughter. :wink:

1 Like

Me too; that’s exactly what I said.

Just got my Glowforge and unboxed it today…I want these to be my first design.

Wish me luck!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!
You’re gonna be addicted in a day or two, just like the rest of us, lol
Good luck with the earrings, and post pics of the finished items!
I’m gonna cut some from yellow acrylic for my daughter. Her senior prom theme is The Great Gatsby.

1 Like

Thanks so much; will do!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your design. I made these with the walnut veneer over clear acrylic. Very art deco!

7 Likes