Chicago Earrings - Art Deco Style

They’re beautiful!! :heart:

1 Like

These are gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing :slight_smile: I love them!

I ended up making the earrings and I love them but I had a heck of a time painting them. Here’s what I came up with nonetheless. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I downloaded Shaena’s art deco earring file shortly after the original post. But Corona got in the way. I have several proof grade materials. I have printed her file several times and it really looks great in walnut hardwood, cherry hardwood, and frosted acrylic. Her design got me interested in designing my own. I now have around two dozen designs created and have printed on proofgrade material as well as my own supply of black walnut planed down to 1/8". I prefer using raw unfinished wood for a couple of reasons. At least with walnut you can sometimes find unique coloring and grain patterns although it may be hard to distinguish at small scale. Plus I like to spray a final coat of Minwax Polycrylic Clear Matte finish. If nothing else it will cover the cut edges and mask a little of the burnt wood smell. On the design side I’ve discovered to be careful of the thin pieces of design left over after the dropouts. Too thin and walnut at least is subject to breaking if mishandled. Thanks for letting me share and hope this helps a few of you. Here is a shot of Shaena’s design printed on my walnut and some samples of my designs printed on PG cherry and walnut.

13 Likes

Thank you. These are great. Just came back from vacation and found this great gift. Very cool.

1 Like

Thanks! Very pretty

The walnut really looks spectacular.

1 Like

Beautiful! You have just the right settings and wood otherwise everything gets charred and burns up.

1 Like

STUNNING! Fabulous job!

Love the look and color. Appreciate the tip about the wax, too.

1 Like

Is the file here? I only see an image? Your earring is beautiful and I never thought to use Rub N Buff on wood, I used to use it on my paper crafts.

The file is at the bottom of the original post. It is a faint line drawing image. Right click and save as SVG

Oh, okay, thank you so much!

I made these in heavy blue leather and they came out great! Thanks so much!

5 Likes

They really do look fantastic.

1 Like

I’m from Chicago and I love Art Deco! Will make these soon. Thanks so much for sharing this file!

1 Like

would you be willing to share your sun earrings file? or could I buy your file?
thanks

It is against forum rules to ask for files. If someone wishes to share they either post the files in the Free Laser Design catagory or have a link to their store in their profile information.

1 Like

Those are so beautiful, thank you for sharing!

I’m not a frequent forum user and not up on forum protocol. But I’m willing to continue this discussion if you would send me a private message in my profile. Thanks.