Chipboard

Can you use chipboard from Amazon for practice runs instead of using your good Proofgrade from Glowforge. I have a lot of practicing to do. :crazy_face: Figured it would save a little money. Thanks.

Marci
tikilou@cox.net

1 Like

Yes. Search the forum for chipboard and you will find many posts. I

I will move this post to Beyond the Manual since it discusses non Proofgrade materials and is not a Problem or Support matter.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t know where to put it and thanks for the info.

1 Like

Every month or so I go to a local paper supplier and buy it in bulk and have them cut it down to 11x20. They have several thicknesses to choose from (I buy the really heavy stock for jigsaw puzzles) Last week I brought home over 200 pieces for about $35.

1 Like

I use cardboard from shipping boxes, and a few folks use cereal boxes. You definitely don’t need to use :proofgrade: for testing!

You will get a pop-up warning that says “Proofgrade not detected!” but as long as you’re sure of your settings you can click hide/ignore and your print will still process

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

I use Grafix brand from Amazon. I’ve probably used more of that than any other material.

1 Like

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.