Christmas Card with a removable Christmas Ornament

I started making an annual Christmas Card last year with a pop out ornament to keep. I saw several videos using alcohol inks on clear acrylic so that got me thinking of stained glass. Hince the creation of this year’s card with a stained glass ornament to keep.

35 Likes

Beautiful! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. Wonderful design and execution for making it all come together.

2 Likes

Really pretty. You know how some people have the Christmas letter that makes the rest of us feel sort of inferior? I think your card might have that effect on some of the folks on your mailing list.

6 Likes

Just wonderful. Love your design and execution.

2 Likes

What a great concept for a card/ornament–and this is beautiful!! It must look amazing hanging & with light behind it (as does the inspiration).

2 Likes

That is funny that you said that, I started doing wooden cards because my sister is a professional with paper cards, she actually colors for artists. So I need to branch away and so what I am good at! I only do these for family and close friends.

1 Like

I can wait to put it in my tree to see it back lit with light.

1 Like

Welcome to the possibilities.
Unleash the creativity and cry Havoc!

2 Likes

Edge - lit acrylic, 1/8" with a hole to fit the bulb. I really appreciate being able to graduate a dimension by the thousandth ( those bulbs differ in OD).

The pictures really don’t do the colors justice.

9 Likes

Holy Guacamole… This is wicked kewl
(Sob yet another rabbit hole)

Cant wait to try this :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

This place is full of them.

2 Likes

That is a really great idea.

2 Likes

What a gorgeous ornament, and card!

3 Likes

It’s lovely! What a wonderful keepsake.

1 Like

I decided to make a large version of the ornament tree I have and give it to my mom and sister to hang the pop out ornament on.

6 Likes