Christmas Gift Tag

I wanted a special tag to accompany the gift to my wife on our 1st Christmas as newlyweds. So I took a wack at creating one out of cherry veneer. It turned out well, but I did learn that there is such a thing as a font that’s too thin, even for a laser.

My wife loved it! Laser to the rescue.

41 Likes

It’s lovely! Nice coloring.

2 Likes

Would you believe that the coloring is the green painter’s tape that I used to mask the veneer? LOL As I was taking it off I noticed that it looked great. So I left certain bits.

7 Likes

Sometimes you can get some thin parts of fonts to work by both engraving them as well as scoring them. If you’ve got them as paths instead of a raster image.

1 Like

You can also use colored pencils to do color fill & then a light coat of clear to protect.

1 Like

Good idea. They were vectors. I should have tried scoring. I’d have to be careful though. I tried engraving twice and it poked through the veneer in places.

5 Likes

Very nice. Happy first Christmas to you both

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that would probably happen with the default settings on top of engraving.

So pretty!!!

1 Like

I did a lasered tag for my lady too, but much less decorated.

2 Likes

Is it the stocking? Cool! Those wouldn’t be knuckledragger boards, are they? :rofl:

1 Like

:smiley: LOL!

2-piece paddle.

2 Likes

Ha ha, yes, we’re avid kayakers.

1 Like

We love it too, but we’re tame lake kayakers.

2 Likes

Her too, lake and flat river. For me, I enjoy Whitewater and bike/kayak adventures.

2 Likes

Very Very Nice…!

1 Like