Christmas gift trick

Ok so who here after seeing this photo down below wants to make a laser made gift and wrap it up to look like something else like a wireless drill or something? lol. That’s the first thing I thought of when I seen this.

24 Likes

Hee! You have to have a special sort of recipient for that!

8 Likes

One year my dad insisted he had another set of presents for me. After a while of being unable to find them at all, he gave the wall wreaths.

Turns out he’d taken clippings off the tree(we used real ones back then), and wrapped them around new set of bicycle tires. He was proud of himself on that one. It was usually(and for birthdays) individually wrapped batteries.

10 Likes

My best-ever Christmas trick back when my kids were all middle-school-ish age was to number the gifts instead of putting the recipient’s names on them. It frustrated them much more than I could have hoped for!

10 Likes

My parents wrapped the box of springs to a trampoline :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: We couldn’t figure out what could be so heavy in a rather small box! And when we opened it, we still didn’t know what the springs were for until they told us they had got a trampoline (1990s) :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

8 Likes

I do that now. We keep Christmas pretty low-key, but I put either numbers or random letters on the gifts now that the ‘kids’ are adults. Gives at least a little suspense. They asked for a scavenger hunt this year so we will see if I get around to it. The last one was about 10 years ago.

6 Likes

Happy birthday @jamely and @rpegg wherever he is!

11 Likes

Oh yes…@rpegg. Hope he’s doing well. We miss having him here.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.