Christmas Tree Puzzle

That is wonderful thank you for sharing

2 Likes

I am new. How do I download the holiday tree design?

2 Likes

Right click on the file and save the image as, or just copy the image and paste it into whatever program you use, then save it out from there.

2 Likes

This is just lovely! Thank you for sharing it!

2 Likes

How did you design it? And include the cool shaped pieces? Just freehand in between the shaped ones? Did you use Inkscape or some other program?

1 Like

I use Adobe Illustrator for my Glowforging. I designed the outline of the puzzle and the shape pieces first, then placed the shaped pieces inside the outline (Kicking myself now for making the ornament upside down!) Then I hand created every puzzle piece.(I mostly use the Pen Tool in Illustrator) The file here is the second draft, as the first had a couple of places where the puzzle didnā€™t join as well as Iā€™d like. The most important thing is to make sure each line is a single path. Sometimes if you use a paint brush tool it actually creates two paths.

3 Likes

Thank you so much

2 Likes

This was a favorite stocking stuffer this year for my family. :christmas_tree:Thank you for the share! It was so fun!

3 Likes

My little brother and his son are the last ones in the family with the last name (I had sisters and a daughter, but they donā€™t have the name), so they got the tree for their bonus gift.

2 Likes

I used it for some gifts as well! Iā€™m so glad you all found good uses for it. Love this community.

Thank you for this puzzle! It is great!!
It appears I somehow missed this post. Strange.

3 Likes

I can not find the link for the download, am I missing it?

Welcome to the forum.

The file is the red outline in the original post. Right click it and when the fly out menu appears, select Save Image As svg.

OK thank you, this is my first download. thank you for replying

Thank you for sharing! Itā€™s JUST in time for my grandkids arrival next week. Weā€™ll print it out together and they can take it back home with them when they leave. Thatā€™ll make a fun project for us to do together. Thanks again!

1 Like

Thank you for the cool design. Will use this as the craft to color during winter party for small young sports team.

2 Likes

That sounds awesome! Iā€™m glad itā€™s going to good use.

OK, Guys and gals help a novice out. How do I download this free file so that I can cut it on my Glowforge?

1 Like

OOPS, Old boy figured it out. THANKS

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks for the great looking puzzleā€¦ Looking forward to cutting it.

1 Like