Circle Coaster

Has anyone made circle acrylic coasters? what software did you use to make them to 4 inch size

1 Like

I have made them. I used Illustrator to make the circles.

1 Like

I used inkscape to create a circle :o: and adjust the size on glowforge

Best thing is to learn some of the basics of a design program like inkscape which is free but like all of them has a pretty steep learning curve. When i first started i watched many youtube tutorials till i got the basics down and now it is like second nature.

I’m going to move your post to the “everything else” section as the made on a glowforge one is for showing projects you have made.

2 Likes

4 Dia Circle

Right click and save. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s soooo round :heart: :heart: :heart:

5 Likes

Not sure if for hot or cold items, but cold items tend to sweat and can form a bond to a light coaster.
I tried using glass coasters once. That concept got tossed rather fast when the coaster was bouncing around on the floor.

1 Like

I know, right?

Glowforge actual sells circles in their store so maybe taking money away from them?

2 Likes

I made a few and just engraved the entire surface, giving it a rough texture that resists the moisture bonding.

3 Likes

Hey @brianeasley92 - I’ve had a lot of success on CorelDraw for designs, but Inkscape is a free and good alternative if you aren’t going too crazy.

However, as @brokendrum mentions, it isn’t a great material if your cup/glass will be sweating. For non-sweaty drinks though, it’s great!

Alex

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.