My kids study circus and my daughter, in particular, loves aerials and acro. We had “The Greatest Showman” themed party, so I made some circus cake toppers. I shared the wood cut-out I did a few weeks ago. I also made colorful leather bracelets with song titles from the movie for party favors. I don’t have any pictures of those right now.
The three-ring circus selection (one of the girls is gluten-free so I put the third topper on the cookie cake they brought with them):
I used pink mirror acrylic for the words and I hope to never work with I it again! I used some recommended settings on here, I think full power and 475 speed, and it took three passes and some of the parts still didn’t fully cut out (I had to use an xacto knife). I had removed the plastic coating and added masking to both sides instead. Not sure if that impacted things, but it just didn’t want to cut through (I cut from the back).
The other acrylic is glitter black. I used PG medium black acrylic settings and once again removed the plastic and used masking on both sides. There were a few places where it needed some encouragement to come apart, but it was better than the pink. Some of the parts turned white, though, which I’m assuming is an overheating problem. I’d definitely have to play with settings if I did it again, but I’m in a makerspace, so I only have so much time to mess around. I barely finished these in the time I had.