Cleaning Glowforge after tile engraving

I remember seeing something about how tile/marble/granite can create a lot of rock dust, and the need to clean the dust out so it won’t affect anything in the machine.

Does anyone know how to thoroughly clean the interior?

2 Likes

I would vacuum as well as you can, and pay particular attention to the rails and the ‘V’ groove wheels that ride on them with a damp rag wipe down.

I would like to know how the company would recommend a deep clean of a glowforge should be accomplished, say at a tube replacement.
I imagine a wash-out with a spray solvent like an electronic parts cleaner as a guess.

5 Likes

I agree. I would really like to see some in depth documentation on how to deep clean your machine.

More than the guide we already have?

https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning

1 Like

Yes, I would like to see more. I think a comprehensive video would make me feel a bit better about doing a really thorough job without breaking anything. My baby is really dirty in the nooks and crannies.

1 Like

What should we use on the lid? Is windex ok? Just did a big engraving job on draft board and it made a mess. Zeiss wipes are no match…

1 Like

I use Clorox disinfecting wipes for everything except the lenses. It’s $5 bucks for a large container at home Depot. Shines everything up with no residue. Gets all the laser gunk off.

2 Likes

A glass cleaner is fine, I just spray it on a paper towel and wipe instead of spraying in the machine. A mix of vinegar and water also makes a good inexpensive cleaner.

1 Like

Likewise did a large engraving on draft board. My entire machine is coated in a thick gooey film now. Can’t see through the glass. What should I clean it with? How can I safely disassemble things to clean other surfaces, tracks, belts, fans, electronics, etc.

Yes, definitely need more in-depth.

1 Like