Cleaning Tools: Endoscope camera

I’m not the first person to mention this, but it doesn’t seem to have it’s own post, so now it does

Spend the $20 and get an Endoscope camera for your :glowforge:!

Amazon.com
or a different one as long as the wire is stiff. For this one, this app worked on my MotoX4 just fine - you just have to ignore the pop-ups

Being able to get a close up view of all the parts that may or may not need to be cleaned is so worth it!

27 Likes

Seconded! (This belongs in the Tips and Tricks section.) :+1:

5 Likes

I have something like that for my iPhone. I should try to use it to get to know my :glowforge: better!

1 Like

I bought one a year or so ago…specifically for that reason. I can keep up to date with the status of my exhaust fan with it. Good tip to share, again!

2 Likes

I use an external fan (6") and have the internal :glowforge: fan turned off. But, I will probably still need to clean it… especially that grate over it.

3 Likes

I have 2 and can’t get either one to work :sob:

:frowning: If you’re an Android user I’d be happy to try and help…(of course I’m only on here randomly, but still!)

2 Likes

Me too - and that fan was squeaky clean when I first installed the external in November of 2019, so that’s what ~8 months of :glowforge: dust being sucked by it will do.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.