Cleaning your Glow Forge

I use my Glow Forge to engrave wood. Even though the fans do a great job and I vent the smoke outside, i still get a residue on the inside of the lid and the tube. Does anybody have any ideas on the best way to clean up? Is there a product that is recommended? Are there any problems I should be aware of?

Absolutely!

Check out: https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=cleaning

The exterior of the tube getting dirty doesn’t effect anything, and the lid only affects your ability to see in - but I totally get wanting it to be clean :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The inside of the lid yeah you need to be able to see.

The tube? I gave up :wink: It’s filthy.

2 Likes

I had not cleaned my lid in about 2 months, and it was opaque! I cleaned it yesterday, and it’s so nice to be able to see inside the GF again.

3 Likes

Obviously you’ll want to turn it off while you are doing this…but I keep mine clean with an occasional wipe with a paper towel dampened with a 50/50 vinegar and water mixture. Cuts right through the grime.

Pipe cleaners work for getting down around the tube…again just moisten it first.

The things that you should clean regularly are listed here…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.