Clear Lake EScow Regatta Awards - Edge Lit

My :glowforge: is back up and running after replacing the lid cable. Was able to finish a commission for an upcoming sailing regatta.

52 Likes

Outstanding use of LED lit acrylic. The pucks fit into the design motif and the collars are a nice addition.

7 Likes

There’s something magical about seeing a whole fleet of them together like that!

10 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty cool! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yes! something for the fireplace mantle of a whole fleet of them together. Imagining that on the mantle in the Clubhouse Lounge!:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Awesome awards.

3 Likes

Very pretty awards.

3 Likes

Love what you did with the bases especially!

3 Likes

Really nice! The collars are great addition and a brilliant idea.

3 Likes

Magnificent Award

I’m blown away and amazed by the creativity

3 Likes

Thanks! Honestly, I had a fancier design for the bases, but figured out almost by accident that the bases had a little taper. Made my job waaaay easier. I think they worked out great!

7 Likes

Oh wow, I wondered how it was staying on the base. You made me go look at my bases and sure enough, they are ever so slightly tapered! That does open up some possibilities. Thanks.

3 Likes

These are so deluxe looking! And the addition of the collar…never even occurred to me…looks great!

3 Likes

The woman who placed the order asked it I could just put a sticker on the base with the regatta information. Of course, that wasn’t going to cut it. I probably could have gotten away with 1/8” acrylic for the collar, but it looks great with the 1/4”.

6 Likes

Seems like @sailbyc would like this.

4 Likes

Gosh, this is wonderful! At first I thought all those lamps were a single piece, and I think a cluster of them would still make an amazing wall decoration.

3 Likes

Beautiful job.

Am I the only one suspicious that the organizers want three first place trophies and just one each for the other places? :thinking:

4 Likes

1 place

1 place Top junior

1 place Top female

Those are the category’s as seen in the first photo :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I just started messing with making signs with the LED bases like this. Looks GREAT!

2 Likes

Makes me feel bad for the runner up junior and female. Still, at least the best of them are recognized. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like