Client's Wedding Gift

I’ve really enjoyed making signs with inlayed frames and words, and recently had someone ask if I could make them a custom sign. He contacted me because of another sign I had made, and he “had an idea” of what he wanted one to look like. After some back and forth, I asked if maybe he had any photo references for me to go off of, but he couldn’t find any. He just kept repeating himself, so I figured I would just make a few designs and see what he thought.

I made multiple designs, and a couple of which were exactly as he had asked with slight variations, but he went with one of my original designs instead of the style he had wanted :roll_eyes:

Not bad, I think.

I tried some new things with this project: I used Draftboard, which I typically do for these signs, but sanded the pieces. I used 1500 grit sandpaper before and after using primer on it, and that gave me a really smooth surface. I’ve seen a few people complain about the texture that DB has, and this took care of it pretty quick. I used Rust-Oleum 2x paint for a quick couple of coats, then sealed it with some matte mod podge from a can.

Just gonna wait for my wife to come home and give it the stamp of approval then send it off to it’s new owner :+1:t4:

28 Likes

The top word is a dialect of Filipino, but allegedly it also means “blessed”, so that’s where that comes from :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Nice touch. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s lovely!

2 Likes

Nice! And thanks for the Draftboard tips, should come in handy.

3 Likes

Very nice looking gift.

3 Likes

Nice sign and tip on the draft board, can’t wait to try it.

3 Likes

Your sign turned out great!

I have had excellent results also from sanding before and after priming the Draftboard.

3 Likes