Club Sign

Engraved in .20 cast acrylic, medium walnut plywood back with .06 inch black acrylic inlay, 1 inch LED standoffs.

I loved making this! Had the idea, getting thrilled about working out he logistics, the format, the problem solving, piecing it together and then handing it off. This wasn’t a commissioned piece. I won’t start trying to do that until I become more proficient. But this was just damned fun!

40 Likes

Excellent results too! (That’s one cool cat!) :grinning:

1 Like

Stellar result!

1 Like

Looks like you past the proficiency test.

1 Like

That looks great! Where did you get the led standoffs?

1 Like

Looks really cool.
What settings did you use to get the nice white engraving? Or did you paint it afterwards?
With my acrylic engraving you always see a lot of lines.

1 Like

That’s the cats dog bits! Me too on the ‘how do you get the nice white engrave’ as I’ve not achieved that yet.

Displays2Go has them.

1 Like

It’s cast acrylic from Tap Plastic. I engraved the image reversed so flipped around it’s facing forward on a smooth surface. Speed: 1k Power: 100 and Vary Power (not dots or lines). Less lines with Vary Power.

Also, to be sure the laser wasn’t “ghosting” outside the engraving area, I left the protective sheet on and had the painstaking task of peeling the tiny bits off when it was done.

1 Like

Thanks for the standoff link - I need to get some of those. What I found really helps with removing masking from engraved acrylic is soaking in warm water with a little dish soap after the engraving. Assuming your masking is paper based, I guess. I just let it soak for 30 minutes or so and all the masking comes off with a very gentle rub under running water. I’ve made quite a few edge lit acrylic signs with the wordart generator and this method has really saved me a ton of time.

Those standoffs just really add a classy touch. Nice job!