Clutch Wallet

Reason #879 I love my Glowforge: I had an idea for a clutch wallet the other day and this is the result. The requirements: Five card pockets, two places for cash, and a pen loop. Measures 7.75 x 4 inches closed. The color? Hand dyed a cool blue/gray made using two different color dyes. A truly unique piece. This is the prototype version but pretty close to the final I think.

42 Likes

Gorgeous! (Love the integrated fabric with it.) :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Looks like a nice design. I noticed how nice your edges look. Is there something special that you do to make them look so good? :grinning:

4 Likes

Wow, nice! I would carry that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well designed and executed. I love the color.

3 Likes

This is lovely! I’ve been working with leather for the very first time, so I can certainly appreciate something good when I see it. This also reminds me that I have a long ways to go in my learning curve.

2 Likes

Holy cow (apropos) that’s nice!

3 Likes

Thank you! I love the fabric as well. I’ve got several different patterns for my liners. This one is really cool too:

12 Likes

Very nice work!

4 Likes

Thanks! The edges all get sanded twice with a 100 and then a 220 grit. Then burnished with saddle soap and water and then a final burnish with beeswax. Quite a process but well worth the effort.

9 Likes

I haven’t done anything in leather yet so this is new to me, but yours looks fantastic.

4 Likes

Just take my money… goodness gracious that’s amazing! I especially love the color. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Holy smokes! Absolutely killer! Id rock this

2 Likes

Amazing! Hand sewn or machine? And maybe stupid question, is the logo engraved with the laser or is that a stamp/pressed in?

5 Likes

Already sold it, but I’ll make more! :slight_smile::raised_hands:

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s sewn on my leather stitcher. My logo is stamped in. By the way, the stamp I made on the ‘forge too.

4 Likes

Wow. That is a beautiful piece of work! That is a piece anyone would be proud to carry. Nice job!

4 Likes

What a thing of beauty! And that lovely button is to die for. Never seen any like it.

4 Likes

Looks great

3 Likes

I have always thought of a “Clutch Wallet” as a standard emotional reaction I feel frequently rather than a thing. However yours is very nice :heart_eyes: , and I discover that the one I have had (made of trigger cloth) for 50 years is such a design. The reason that I have had it for 50 years is about 18 inches of (in my case) parachute cord sewn on with a double-diamond button knot at the end that ties easily to my belt. :grin:

3 Likes