C'mon, UPS

Dude! same here. My co-workers, family, and running friends are sick and tired of hearing me say “When my laser cutter comes, I’ll _____”. I refresh UPS and the spreadsheet about 4 times/day. I ordered a Pro on day 22, and received my email on 10/25. Proofgrade materials came two weeks ago, nothing else yet.

1 Like

Yeah, according to the spreadsheet i’m Day 22 also (10/16/15), had thought it was day 23 for some reason. I just found out about the spreadsheet today, which was somewhat comforting (there are plenty of folks waiting), but also a little baffling (that distribution spike sitting on the late side of the bell curve, and that you can’t see a clear pattern in the details of who got them already by date).

Thank you everyone for reminding me I’m not crazy, or at least am in good company.

1 Like

Congratulations!

Setup went fine and the Founder’s Ruler printed with no problems. Whoo!

11 Likes

Grats! Make sure to put it through its paces!

That sounds a little too familiar :stuck_out_tongue:

i got a tracking number at 13:22 pdt. when i clicked on the link, it said delivered. golden email on 31st. live near san jose ca.

12 Likes

Congrats!

That’s a big trunk. Looks like the box faired pretty well too. :grinning:

The box seems perfect, except for that tiny displacement on the corner. I’m agonizing over when I’m going to have the time to unbox it.

<cough, cough> I feel a case of the forgeflu coming on…

6 Likes

You definitely don’t look well. I’d take a day or two off if I were you. Really, it’s for the good of the company. No point in spreading disease.

4 Likes

The only problem with getting the shipping notice at exactly the same time you realize that it is on the shipping dock of your company is that you don’t have time to prepare (ie, getting a long exhaust hose so I can fire this beast up).

1 Like

btw, the beast is HUGE.

1 Like

I just found two packages coming my way from Glowforge via UPS MyChoice. I have not received a tracking number from Glowforge yet, but my packages say waiting for pickup in Sunnyvale, CA…delivery to Honolulu by Thursday. I had them both held at UPS and I’ll pick them up. Woo hoo!

6 Likes

Another advantage of living in Honolulu - it’s gotta go air :slight_smile: No week long trek across the country in a truck.

3 Likes

ha! In this case it went air. But UPS Ground, FedEX Ground, USPS Parcel Post, Media Mail…all of those come over on a boat. It takes between 3-5 weeks. When it leaves California, you have no tracking info again until it reaches Hawaii. We always have to really watch what shipping service we choose. USPS Priority Mail is the best deal, if you have 3-4 days to wait.

Thanks Again for your help!

Oh…ick!

Just got an email from Glowforge with tracking info as the unit has shipped. ETA 12/5, so yours should be along soon. Looks like they do ship via UPS the whole way from California.

1 Like