Cnc cut rocking horse

Found this on a closed Facebook group I’m on for cnc and laser products. This would lend better to CNC then a laser, but for th Pro models, maybe a pass through slot project.

16 Likes

Also can’t quite seem to find the make on the net anywhere, anyone?

Can’t find that one quickly. There are a bunch under “motorcycle rocking horse” on the web. Including this one with plans on Pinterest.

5 Likes

If the post translation can be believed, it looks like the images are from this Russian forum site.

4 Likes

The bolts would be a safety issue. Really should be inset.

1 Like

I recognize the background as [probably] Moscow; but I’ll eat my hat if it isn’t former soviet; so I’d believe that.

That might actually fit through the pass through. Awesome!

Whoa, that’s intense!

Read under “Pro Upgrade” that it’s only 1/4" for the pass-through slot. That’ll be a lot of stacking but I could see how it could still be done.

I was likewise thinking of how much work it would take to stack and recreate this shelf, which I quite like:

http://n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com/blog/?p=992

4 Likes

I Reminds me of a balance bike a built a couple of years ago. The seat is just laminated 1/4" ply. The rest is 3/4" ply. A big debate for me was getting a CNC to produce more of these or a laser to play with. Went with the laser as I get bored making the same item over and over…

Edit: Found a painted picture

11 Likes

That is fabulous.
The perfect expression wood grain! wow.
The stacked effect reminds me of a topographical map, which is a really cool in 3D!

Man, the possibilities with edge lit acrylic… !

Really cool bike Jamie! I taught my kids to ride a bike in 5 minutes on one of those. No pedals in the way of dragging your feet to feel the balance.
Very cool!

1 Like

That thing is awesome. I’d hate to break the dish that goes with that, then you need a whole new shelf

2 Likes

Screw the kids, I want one.

1 Like

Awesome job, how did you curve the seat?

Just clamped it in a jig with glue between the 3 layers of 1/4 ply. Then cut it out with bandsaw. If you look really close the jig is behind the mitre saw.

2 Likes