Coach's Appreciation Gift

The last order of giant garden sign was well-liked by the customer. So she asked me if I can make a couple of appreciation awards for the Lego robotics team coaches. I found a few gears that looked similar to our Lego gears and a general gear-shape in the premium icon library.

I sent her a concept design yesterday, but she hasn’t seen the finished product yet (I’ll deliver those tonight), so I hope she likes them.

I really like the green glass acrylic…and I wish I hadn’t totally messed up a sheet doing this because I forgot to turn off a cut…Now to think of something to make with the scraps so it doesn’t feel like it’s a waste…

51 Likes

I’m sure her faith in you will be rewarded with the excitement she experiences, Nice design work. :sunglasses:
I really like the glass green stuff too, I think it adds a nice sparkle.

10 Likes

Cool Appreciation gift!

7 Likes

Those are fabulous!!

5 Likes

Terrific work and terrific reward!

3 Likes

Very nice design! She should be thrilled.

I’ll bet you could come up with some small things to cut from the messed up piece. I agree, can’t waste that cool stuff.

4 Likes

Someone will be proud to display such a beautiful looking piece for sure!

3 Likes

Very cool! How’d she like them?

1 Like

She liked them enough to pay full price even though I gave her a heavy discount to fit her budget. Actually when I dropped them off, she wanted me to see the hung garden sign I made. That thing is huge, but looks just right over her door.

5 Likes

What an awesome appreciation gift! Fantastic work!

I didn’t really feel like making a new post for the same kind of project. They liked the trophies enough to want to order mini versions for the kids on the team. They won a prize and were slightly disappointed in the single plastic trophy they received for the entire team. I just delivered them today, hopefully they like them. Forgive the poor editing skills, attempted to take out major identifying info.

6 Likes

Those are really nicely done and the personalization for each team member is over the top! They will undoubtedly be thrilled.

2 Likes

I hope so, a lot of testing was involved trying to get the lego logos on there. Unfortunately, after discovering the melting point of the plastics, I decided the safest bet was a clear sticker

2 Likes

Really nice. They’ll love them

@CMadok is no longer able to make these as she is no longer stateside. Anybody else able to make something similar?

We need 30 of these for a robotics competition that I am running on May 18/19.

If you are able to do this work or something similarly creative yet classy

We have used these trophies from Christy for the last 2 years for our FIRST Lego League Invitational. These were big hits and would love to do it again but she is no longer in the US and shipping overseas could be difficult.

1 Like

FYI, this forum is open to the public so you probably don’t want to post your email and phone here - you can set it so it’ll send you an email when someone responds to your post or sends you a DM!

Where are you located, as someone being able to deliver would be a lot cheaper than having to ship from even within the US :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually, the competition is located in north NJ, not too far from nyc.

I was in CA and shipping to him. Shipping isn’t the issue. Shipping from japan is :rofl::rofl: US shipping was around 50-60 dollars already. Japan shipping will cost as much as the trophies.

4 Likes