Coaster Box (with simple coasters) 🍸

I like making simple personalized wooden coasters for friends, but hadn’t focused any attention on where they should live when they are not actively being used. So I threw together a little box to keep them in. (and it all fits on one piece of wood.)

Engrave / Score / Cut:

File to download:
coasters with base_simple.svg 2.zip (6.0 KB)

(updated the design, because the base was messy / different colors here and there which made making the settings wonkier)

61 Likes

Nice holder, I like the curves. Thanks!

6 Likes

Nicely done. Thanks for the share.

4 Likes

Nice with the curves indeed! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Very nice- both form and function!

2 Likes

Thank you for showing and sharing! That would make a great gift…

1 Like

Mahalo @cynd11 @dklgood @arh2 @jeanneleigh and @gooddog !

This is a quick enough gift idea, and I figured with the GFU now having embedded noun project art, it could be modified quickly by someone new to glowforge to make something personalized.

I thought about making a halloween set, but easy enough to add some bats and pumpkins. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank for the share. This is great.

2 Likes

They look great, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Mahalo @ovm.steve and @panichyiya129 !!!

Nice look! Thank you for sharing!

Reminds me that I engraved slate coasters for my daughter and son-in-law … I really should make them a box.

4 Likes

Thank you @ptodd !

1 Like

Looks great! I love the curves on the holder!

1 Like

Thank you @designvh619

1 Like

this is awesome… thanks for sharing

1 Like

Have fun with it!

Thanks for the design. I’m going to make coasters with smart ass sayings on them for our family Christmas eve chili party as a white elephant gift. This will be a good, quick starting point.

1 Like

That is the best!!! Share some!!!

1 Like

This is great thanks for the share.

I am pretty new to GF design … if we want to make coasters that are larger (e.g. 4") can we increase all the pieces in scale, and will the box pieces they still fit?

1 Like

nice design! I had wondered about a box; I have several coaster set ideas/plans (like a Celtic snake set ;))

1 Like