Coasters and Holder

One of the first things I tried on the glowforge when I received it a few months back was a ceramic coaster. Too easy of a project to not try!

Not sure why I had the inspiration to get this made, but I’m not mad at it :rofl:

30 Likes

Nice! One of the first things I did too a couple of years ago when I got mine. We are still using those same coasters, although they’re wood and not ceramic.

2 Likes

What do you use after you engrave the coaster? A lot of people use sharpies but then do you spray with any kind of sealer after that?

I would if I were selling them, but as I only use it at home, I don’t. If they fade, its easy enough to re"sharpen" them

2 Likes

Ok. I’ve been trying to find the perfect thing to seal them after doing the engraving and sharpie. Was just trying to see what everyone else is using. I have found a ceramic glaze spray on that I have been using but haven’t sold any yet

I would think any sealer would work. It would fill in the porous surface of the engraving, thus protecting the ink

Yeah I tried some spray stuff that made a texture and then I tried a paint on type one and the brush lines were visible. Only thing I have found is a ceramic glaze. Leaves a nice shiny coat

Before I got my GF I had a stack of white 6 inch square porcelain tiles left over from my bathroom. I specifically hung onto them so I could laser them but I have searched for them ever since I got the laser and can’t find them. And do you think I can ever remember to pick up some when I go to the hardware store? One of these days… I’m gonna try me some tile engraving… maybe :mask:

4 Likes

Great project!

I just found a whole crate full that someone got tossed out of their storage unit. Maybe you’d have such luck somewhere like that. Completely free too. I did find some at menards in the tiles for floors

1 Like