Code like Ada

Grew up learning Java from my
Dad and Ada from my Mom. Well,…I glowforged something about it.

The back says “code like Ada” in ASCII

The front has circuits and code.

I plan to wear this at my upcoming engineering conference. I always am known to design fun stuff for it. My banquet dress is always smart dress. The year of the pandemic it was a dress with sunflower base and leds programmed with a circuit python to twinkle with movement. The pattern was ment to make a lightning bug effect:

52 Likes

These are so cool! Will you come back and share comments that you get?!

7 Likes

Oh that’s fun!
The year I had my oldest son, he came with us to our national conference. He had a baby helmet, and I painted it with a Babylonian infant sleep incantation :joy: he got a lot of smiles that year!

8 Likes

Those are both stunning! Your stuff is so cool!

5 Likes

I like that you put line feeds in there.

5 Likes

Best joke ever.

2 Likes

For sure! The year before covid my dress was powder blue top and floor length yellow skirt. When ever I was out in the hallway these little kids kept running up to me and asking if they can take a picture with me….turned out a big Disney princess thing was going on in the space right next to the banquet. That was a long evening lol.

It was the logical thing to do :laughing:

7 Likes

That looks so good! I love when you share your talent with us!!

5 Likes

Just…wow! Where do you come up with this stuff? I bet those young folks would pay big bucks for the cape. It would be nice and warm for those cooler times. You should sell them.

4 Likes

That is outstanding. Congrats on awesome projects.

Keep sharing and creating.

4 Likes

I’m sure you made it really special for the kids :smiley:

1 Like

Your stuff is always so fun! (Extra points for geeky+fun)

3 Likes

So, this is what the cool kids wear! Beautiful work!

3 Likes

As a computer nerd, this is really cool, but beyond that it is really well designed. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

So fun, I love seeing smart wearables that actually work as good design. Are you familiar with the works of Anouk Wipprecht?

2 Likes

No! I just looked into her some and for sure will have to look more! I love the wearables. A lot of people like for cosplay but I like bringing them more into everyday fashion. I noticed the New York Fashion Institute had a class on wearables the other year. I wish they would offer that again.

4 Likes