Coffee Sign ☕️

This weekend my friend is hosting a big coffee event at his shop, so I was able to help out in my own way.

I cut out a half inch piece of wood on the tablesaw as the background, then laser cut the letters and puzzle pieces for perfect alignment.

Last minute swapped out the O for their logo.

Then made another large version of their logo for the back wall by the roaster.

And refreshed the lettering on their sign.

I’m excited for the event!

50 Likes

Well done. Your friend is lucky to get the rewards of your talent - and I bet you are lucky to get the rewards of his coffee roasting skills. Good team.

14 Likes

He has amazing roasting skills. And offers sensory experiences for coffee tasting. And soon to be individual roasting classes.

11 Likes

Looks great

8 Likes

Mahalo!

4 Likes

Fun. I remember a place alongside the road around Kona that had beans out on tarps in the sun. I think we brought some home with us. A friend of mine roasts her own beans here as well.

9 Likes

Nice! Is the paint enough to weatherproof the wood from rain?

8 Likes

I sprayed it with polyurethane afterwards, multiple coats.

7 Likes

Wow that really came out great… oh and feel free to slap a UPS tag on that trunk and send it my way way… I’ll store it for you in my living room. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Stunning! Love the choice on the “o”.

7 Likes

well done, that all looks great!

5 Likes

We roast our own coffee also sometimes. Got an individual roaster from sweet Maria’s website.

@ovm.steve someone was dumping that trunk, and we couldn’t let it go, so it stores the popcorn machine when I have the energy to put it away.

Mahalo @ptodd and @hansepe

14 Likes

One man’s trash…

I have trunks all over my house (at least 7 in plain view)

6 Likes

Fantastic work! I would love a good cup of Hawaiian Joe!

7 Likes

Dang, that looks great!

4 Likes

Daughter went to Surfer’s in Wahiawa for breakfast this morning before hitting the beach. They were headed to the North shore from where they are staying in Waipahu/Village Park area, still don’t know exactly where.

Pineapples are 1/2 the price there! She was proud of that.

5 Likes

Just beautiful! You’re getting some pretty good large scale items out of that Glowforge.

4 Likes

great stuff here , this is awesome, how did you make that giant “O”? LOL

2 Likes

This is wonderful, so eyecatching, and hope the event is going very well.

1 Like

Mahalo @MakerMatthew @djfb @cynd11 @GREEZYBEAR

The event is going great!

10 Likes