Coin Display 2021 MARS Edition Perserverance Rover

Ok this is my latest creation for the 2021 US coin set. This time the theme is MARS. I was lucky enough to sign up for the NASA send your name to MARS event and yes my name along with many others was sent to MARS on the Perseverance rover. When it landed this year (2021) I decided to make this coin display to celebrate the successful landing. The background image on the pine board is the Perseverance rover. I also added the three planets circling the dollar coin, representing the planets Mercury, Venus, Earth and the the dollar coing being MARS. The reason for the two quarters is because the coin set included an extra coin to remember the Tuskegee Airmen.

41 Likes

Nice project, nicely done.

7 Likes

Very well done! And cool that your ‘name’ has been to Mars:-)

4 Likes

This is beyond awesome!! The engraving is perfect!!

3 Likes

Really cool! LOVE the engraving!

My name was in the group as well to Mars!

4 Likes

Is the wood layer cut through so you can see the reverse?

2 Likes

Nope, I didn’t worry about the backs.

1 Like

Awesome! And nice coin display you will treasure forever.

2 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

What a great way to show off a collection! Hope you’re letting other coin collectors know so they can buy them from you!

3 Likes

Really like this. Perfect choice of wood for the engraved backing.

3 Likes

I love coins … and this is a fabulous display!!

1 Like

That is so gorgeous. The woodstain color makes a great Mars background for Perseverance.

Are there any rotorcraft pilots who are also coin collectors? Put Ingenuity in there as well.

Great idea! LOve that your name is on Mars!

I love your coin holders! This one is right up there with the others. And congrats on making it to Mars by proxy!