Colo-Glowers: Meetup with @dwardio

I dinked around and was eventually able to find the sweet spot with the right lighting. Otoh, the laser printer was sitting right there… :wink:

2 Likes

Nice post, dig the butterflies. I’m curious to see what you guys got at the Colorado Plastics thing. More info about that would be really cool… cheers from Boulder!

2 Likes

I ended up with about 10 pounds of acrylic in 1/8 & 1/4. Almost all of it is cast. Mostly clear with some black, translucent bronze, and ivory.

In was hoping for brightly colored translucent in orange or red, but no joy.

The 4th Friday deal is pretty good – half off regular scrap pricing and they waive the $25 minimum, which turned out not to be an issue. :wink:

Oh, and anything that would fit in the GF is scrap to them…

They had big (4x5x8 in, maybe) bricks of delrin for $5 each, but I don’t have a way to get them down to GF-friendly slices. Rats!

3 Likes

I got several 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4 clear acrylic remnant pieces. Also got a variety of colored acrylics for $1.37 per pound.

They had some machine grade clear polycarbonate (not for lasering).

The 3 that I got were 2.5 x 10 x 6.6 and with a carbide tipped table saw blade, I plan to cut the to various workable parts. The staff member said that a regular monthly order from a specific clients produces about a dozen and a half each month.

Me too! I did locate a small plastics vendor in Fort Collins that has some they stock (hoping for remnants on their discount rack).

So @max.kudisch, did you get in during the crowdfunding time frame and have you put your approximate location on the Glowforge Map ( see https://community.glowforge.com/t/glowforge-map )?

2 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome. I will definitely have to get some “scrap”.

I purchased my glowforge in June of last year so unfortunately still
waiting.

Wasn’t aware of the map thread, will check it out.

1 Like