Colorado 'Forgers: Colorado Plastics Monthly Remnant Sales

That is just a bid too early for me to be there.

I will drop it off on your porch around 7:45’ish. You can co-ordinate with the others if they want to.

Worse case scenario is I can cut more and just mail test pieces to @PrintToLaser and @morganstanfield

1 Like

We just need to decide on a place and time. Lunch or a late lunch would work for me. If we could meet somewhere for that - lunch is on me.
How’s the day care situation looking Morgan?

2 Likes

Bwahaha! More delrin for me. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

There’s a Growler USA (gastropub) just down the street that’s supposed to be quite good, and a Moe’s bagel. If you’re footing the bill, you choose! And, I do have childcare, in the form of my partner, who will likely be joining us.

All, I’ll likely take a very early run on the plastics, and then join you guys for either a second look or for lunch, depending on baby’s needs.

2 Likes

Growler sound good to you @dwardio? Good!:wink:
If so, we just need to pick a time… Constraints on your schedule everyone?

I probably can’t make it before 12, but otherwise no constraints.

1 Like

OK, I’ll throw out 1:00 as a target. Can y’all hold out that long to eat, or should we shoot for 12?

1 works for me!

1 Like

Then we have a place and time. From @dwardio’s reply sounds like he is good too.
Looking forward to consolidating a friendship in 3D! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I look exactly like my avatar, btw.

4 Likes

Yeah, me too.

1 Like

I’m so jealous, eavesdropping on your plans makes me wish I lived in your area. Enjoy your day and good luck on the acrylic hunt.

6 Likes

Glad you guys mentioned that. IRL I’m a cartoon moose, 7’4", red hair, green hooves, pretty easy to spot. Probably carrying a human baby and accompanied by a balding, bearded man.

7 Likes

Hey, mate-- thanks for the delrin! I swung back by and made sure @morganstanfield & @PrintToLaser got their shares.

We had a great time – hope you can join us next time👍

3 Likes

Thank you for the delrin Sir! Hope to meet you too someday.
And thank you @dwardio for making the trip to snag it for us!
Very enjoyable afternoon, thanks to you and Morgan (she gives good hugs). It was so nice of you guys to work that time into your schedule. Poor Morgan had just enough time to come up for air.

3 Likes

@PFI-Guy, thanks so much for the Delrin, and @dwardio, thanks so much for going out of your way to bring it to us! I hope I have some results to show you soon.

3 Likes

Agreed that it was a great meeting, though I had to zoom out way too soon to switch out baby-wrangling with The Jerome.

I’ll attest that any 'Forgers who have a chance to meet @dwardio and @PrintToLaser should jump at the chance. They’re first-rate conversationalists and have hearts like the wide prairie sky.

5 Likes

You, @PrintToLaser and @dwardio are welcome. Sorry to have missed you all and look forward to meeting you in the future (and seeing what you have made from the 4th Friday Remnants).

Don’t know if any of you got some good deals on stuff from Colorado Plastics, but I walked away nearly 70 lbs of different thicknesses of cast clear acrylic. Will posted the projects made with it soon.

BTW, around back they have there “garbage” pile of non-squared drops. Though they changed how they fabricate some things (which use to produce the 2.5x6.0x10.5 blocks), I was able to score nearly the equivalent of 6 more blocks for the cost of gas. Also, I think their $2 plugs in the can are way over priced.

3 Likes

Hey Everyone, totally interested in meeting up with you guys next time, whether to get plastic or just share :glowforge: experiences and techniques… I’ll try to keep my eye open for new co-gfug threads… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Welcome to the Colorado Crew!