Combining etching with pastels

Always wanted to combine using tech and art. I am taking a photograph and doing image manipulation with various applications and then etching onto the glowforge. Then using charcoal and pastels to color to make the resulting art. Have not figured out the best way to market the results. Any ideas would be helpful. I have done many of these images in greyscale and a few in color. Working on using different art techniques and materials.

29 Likes

Turned out amazing :slight_smile: i tried a similar thing using colored chalk but the pastels do a way better job. How do you seal in the the color after it is applied if you do.

1 Like

Nice, very unique

1 Like

Beautiful work!

As for marketing, once we can resume “normal” life, options are local markets or shows, trying to consign or sell thru shops or galleries, or you could start now to get onto a web marketplace (e.g. Etsy) or your own site (but generating traffic is a whole different beast/issue)…

2 Likes

You’re getting some great results!

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love these!

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh, just gorgeous! I wish you the greatest success with your marketing.

1 Like

I use clear enamel either crystal or satin or matte depending what I’m looking for. Many different brands of spray cans out there.

Doug

These look fantastic! I love the dog!

Thanks!

1 Like