Come Fry with Me....🎶

So…got this new air fryer a few months back, just to try it out, and wound up using it more than anything else in the kitchen for a while. (What can I say…new toy.) :smile:

IMG_5617

But it’s earned it’s counter space in the corner. Problem is…the non-stick nature of the beast is a myth. (Don’t even begin to believe it!) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Undeterred, I viciously attacked a mesh grilling mat with a pair of good shears, shaving it down to an 8" circle… and that actually is non-stick. And it pops into the dishwasher for easy cleanup. Problem solved. Bought a few mats, carved them up, and we’re good to go. :sunglasses::+1:

Except…pulling the mats out of the back of the cabinet got to be a hassle (they tend to try to hide underneath things and behind the blender) …so…time to fire up the Glowforge!

IMG_5613
(Extra points if you can spot the design flaw in it.) :wink:

And all is now copacetic on the air-frying front. (The handy-dandy mesh sleeve is born.) :smile:

IMG_5627

(Note: I was going to use this to chat about a couple of different engrave techniques for the scarab on the face, but @geek2nurse just posted a better one…so you can just look at the pictures, and i’m going to get to bed early.) :wink:

36 Likes

Nice, there is always a use for the GF. I bought an air fryer and it has been awsome. I use it for chicken strips, chicken wings, single serving roasted veggies, sweet potato fries. Some friends have done air fried steak. I have yet to try that.

1 Like

So you have links? I had some silicon mat but it does not do well past certain temps,

2 Likes

Oh that is a great idea! Came out fantastic–I see no issues unless maybe it could be a teeny bit taller–is that it? The engraving is really cool.

I’ve been on the fence regarding an air fryer. I was all hot to get one but saw a few reviews that said don’t bother. Now you’ve got me interested again. Because of the space requirement, any appliance in my kitchen really has to earn its space.

Oh, and I’m always impressed by how neat and clean your kitchen is. No spaghetti sauce splatters on the backsplash, no cat hairs sticking to everything. Don’t come to my house.

4 Likes

LOVE our air fryer. Ours is very ‘non stick’ @Jules - insignia brand from best buy. Have not had to do more than a quick soak. Made Parmesan crusted chicken breasts and bacon wrapped asparagus last week, as a matter of fact! Chicken wings and onion rings are a snap too! Love the machine. Very cool beetle/plane on the box! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! Let me get downstairs after the workout to answer questions …can’t do it from the iPad. I’ve got the links.

I really love the scarab!

1 Like

Very nice organizational solution! :sunglasses:
You have way too much empty countertop space.

2 Likes

Not anymore! :rofl:

That sounds really good! :smile::yum:

Nope…not it. :blush: (I’m probably the only one who can see it, but it’s like a glaring neon sign to me. It’s funny how you can’t see anything but the flaws in your own work…and it usually results in me re-doing it half a dozen times.)

These were a good value…they’ve got more expensive ones that are a little sturdier, but Hell’s Bells…it’s just a liner. :smile:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074TX2FC3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I mainly use it for…I love the roasted veggies! (Got some beets last week, sliced thin on a mandolin…they make great chips, and you can pre-cook them and re-crisp them in the fryer when you need a handful.) Sweet potatoes, radishes, regular fries, peppers and onions, broccoli…all turn out just excellent with a lot less work. :grinning:

4 Likes

It’s a lie. She’s pasting images of her stuff onto magazine photos. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Dang! (She’s onto me.)

3 Likes

Every new tool needs a new organizational accessory. My solution is to win the lotto this weekend and hire a cook with my winnings.

5 Likes

I’m guessing it’s that the engraving of the whoo lines don’t all extend on to your back piece, I wouldn’t have noticed except you made me look hard!

Nice organizer! Is it non-stick? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ding, ding, ding, ding…we have a winnah! :smile:
(You get the Sherlock Award for the week! Good eye!) :eye:

And no the organizer isn’t non-stick. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nice job on the mats and the organizer!

I’ve used mine for sweet potato fries, baked potatoes, and breaded mushrooms (which were amazing!).

Did get it into the pantry … Daughter gave me a large instant pot … That wouldn’t fit in the pantry … Have enjoyed some awesome food from it.

2 Likes

Instant Tortilla Pizza?