Compass Rose Cribbage

I got a request the other day to create a template for a State of Iowa shaped cribbage board. When I was done with that, but still in Illustrator mode, I whipped up a circular template as well. I decided to combine that with my compass rose design, and here is the result. 3 layers. 2 cherry plywood, and clear acrylic.

FYI: Laser cutting cribbage board peg holes is a mess and many nips fall through the crumb tray.

64 Likes

Oh my! That is beautiful!

I love how you layered the different components! So elegant!

Is the bottom enclosed in acrylic also?

[Edit] Re-reading your post, I see the acrylic is just on top. So it is open on the bottom?

10 Likes

Your creativity is inspiring @pubultrastar !

13 Likes

Bottom is medium :proofgrade: Cherry ply, middle is :proofgrade: Thick clear acrylic, and top is 1.4" cherry plywood. Rubber feet also on bottom to prevent slippage.

9 Likes

Yup, rubber feet to elevate and prevent slipping.

24 Likes

That is beautiful.

I love how the light from the holes escapes out the sides of the acrylic.

17 Likes

This might just be my new favorite project that you’ve made. Hard to replace all those dodecs but this did it!

14 Likes

That’s really beautiful and evocative!

11 Likes

Nice work man, and that side detail is :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

That’s a work of art! Beautiful.

9 Likes

I like this. if you look on the cnc Facebook forums, there are several .svg files for cribbage boards if you want to save some time and work vis-a-vis the hole placement.

6 Likes

I actually enjoy doing design work in Illustrator, and then I can sell the templates as well.

9 Likes

i actually meant just the shapes and hole placements. those are pretty standard. just saves some time doing the scut work. your design is what makes it great from good.

6 Likes

This is really gorgeous! Love the addition of the acrylic.

9 Likes

Really a lovely piece! It could inspire one to take up cribbage.

7 Likes

Very nice!

5 Likes

I don’t know thing one about cribbage, but this design is so compelling. Very satisfying just to look at even without knowing what it’s for.

7 Likes

Amazing! And I’ve never played cribbage.

5 Likes

Cribbage is a great card game for kids too, because it requires counting and math. I played with my grandpa and dad when I was a kid, and still enjoy it!

8 Likes

This is gorgeous! You mention selling the file. Is it for sale, I’d love to make this?

2 Likes