Condense the Nonsense: Organizers

It’s been on my list to build some drawer organizers as well as get my desk cleaned up. So here are 2 custom organizers using :proofgrade: draftboard. I have another junk drawer to do, but thought I’d post these if you’re looking for some inspiration on something to do this weekend.

Before

After

Desk full of junk in background

After

56 Likes

The most practical of cuts.

7 Likes

I love this so much

3 Likes

Very nice…it makes me remember the weeks between ordering and getting the Glowforge, and repeatedly declaring that I would make organizers for 3 kitchen drawers…The GF came in August, and I have yet to make any organizers, but your work may inspire me to get on that… (too many other fun things to create!)

6 Likes

Ha! This was going to be one of my first projects when I got my :glowforge: over 2 years ago. I have 2 more junk drawers to go, so hopefully, I’ll stay motivated and not wait another 2 years. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You already know how I feel about these sort of projects. Well done!

4 Likes

Gotta love it! I keep expanding on my organizers too.

3 Likes

Fantastic! I love how after doing something like this you open a drawer just to smile at how wonderful it all turned out.

3 Likes

Whatever will you do with all of the extra time you will now have since you won’t have to search and rummage through junk drawers to find something? Nice practical cuts.

4 Likes

Great! Now don’t do anything that makes a mess.

The only thing that prevents me from making more organizers is that I know myself: if I have more room because the stuff I have is organized, I’ll just fill it up with more junk.

7 Likes

The desire to sort our stuff is a gift that keeps on giving.
Came out awesome.

2 Likes

Cool! Very gratifying. I’m curious whether the half-circle cutouts in the first one serve a practical purpose or primarily just look nice (which they do!)

1 Like

Easier to grab stuff. Without them, the dividers make it trickier to snag the object. And, it looks nice.

3 Likes

Smart!

2 Likes

ahhh, I want one!

1 Like

I would love to see your cut list for your drawer organizer! Is that something you could share?!?

Welcome to the forum.
If you are requesting the files for this item, I must politely inform you that it is against forum rules to ask for files. If a member wishes to share their file, they post in the Free Design category. If they post elsewhere, it is assumed the file is either not available or available for sale in the member’s store. In the case of the original poster in this thread, he does have a store which you can access by clicking on his name.

OK … just got my Glowforge yesterday. If he has a shop or wants to direct me to a place to purchase I would be happy to visit it and look into it. Just looking for advice on creating things like that since it is a new product to me.

We definitely need the junk drawer organizer!!! Great job :clap:

Take a look at the variety of files available in the Free Design category. Also, for generating boxes with dividers and lids, check out MakerCase - Easy Laser Cut Case Design or Boxes.py

1 Like