Congrats - $10MM in orders in 20 Days

I was watching the counter for the $10MM mark and saw it break through today (10/14) after just 20 days of pre-orders. That’s a little over $500,000/day when the inital 30 day target was $100,000. I think @dan & co. have demonstrated a healthy demand exists. I think Pebble was $20MM in 30 days, but then you’re only talking about a $250 item that could be an impulse buy for many. Glowforge is showing significant demand at a $2,000 - $4000 price point, which puts it outside of the “discretionary purchase” window for most people. People obviously want this product. Congratulations to Glowforge!

2 Likes

Dan did say in one of his videos that the real target was 4 million, not really sure why they put such a low target on the website if it wasn’t the true goal.

@jenamos How could they not get a plastics manufacturer to talk to them when they had $9 million in funding before they even stated to crowd fund this venture? Things don’t add up.

FYI - I am going to delete that so I’m not steering anyone wrong. I read SOMETHING regarding the 100K, but I should have researched it again before I commented.

This is an extremely well funded company that needs our money to get into manufacturing?

We couldn’t order less than $100k worth of machines, so if we had less than that, we would have refunded orders and concluded that Glowforge was not a viable product.

My dream was to hit $4M. I can’t believe how far we’ve come!

4 Likes