Considering reselling

There’s a lot of sitting when using or preparing to use a laser. Definitely want the space to be heated (and the laser’s water cooling system will appreciate it too). Not sure what GF is using for it’s magic cooling but you might need to worry about freezing.

4 Likes

Ultimate clickbait post.

Hi guys I am jumping ship, here’s a bunch of information not related to that… just kidding I am just going to sell my GF when I get it, does anyone know if the warranty transfers?

Well done sir.

Chuckle! Except this one’s legit…He’s one of the guys who convinced me to buy one. :wink:
(Some of us were tossing the idea back and forth on another forum when they first hit the market.)

1 Like

hey @newbies_234, Dan has said the lawyer working on the warranty is still finishing up so there is no information on transferability yet.

I apologize for you thinking my thread is click bait, that’s not the intent. Jules knows me from the makergear forum, I like to post about things I am not 100% sure about. I said I was considering canceling my order, I am still on the fence and figured I could get some other perspectives on the matter. I can change the title if you think it is misleading.

Anyways, everyone else. Thanks for all the input and support.

6 Likes

No worries helifrek - I think it’s a great topic. I appreciate you coming here to share your thoughts and perspectives.

4 Likes

Thank you Dan! I fully support your product and I really really want it to suit my needs but I am not 100% sure it will. I have been chatting with the wife more and more and I may just hold out and wait for the Glowforge.

Reading this thread and getting all the support and other perspectives I realize that the GF may not fit my needs but it will probably fit my wifes needs. I am going to wait until it comes in and see what she thinks of it, if she likes it I will just let her have it. In the meantime, I am going to go ahead and get me this other machine and learn how to use it.

Thanks again everyone for chiming in, this is the reason I started this topic! So that I could make an informed decision before just jumping ship. I am glad I did, I am pretty bad about making impulse decisions. For now, I think I will stay on board.

14 Likes

Awesome! I’ll bet you wind up giving the other one to your wife before it’s over… :wink:

(See you on the boards.) :smile:

(Oh, BTW Brandon, you need to change your avatar here to your ED-209. Lotta Star Wars fans here. :wink:)

2 Likes

Robocop! Not starwars :slight_smile:

I just noticed the title changed. Seems a little more appropriate.

2 Likes

Whoops! My slip is showing! :blush:

(We’ve probably got fans of that here too.)

Anyway, it’s cool…you ought to show it off.

3 Likes

Hah!

23 Likes

That is a dalek, dude! I’m not a complete boob! :wink::smile:
(And SW not ST)

4 Likes

That would be the joke! You’re little ED-209/SW snafu reminded me of this design which I see on shirts for sale at every comic-con I’ve ever been to. :smiley:

3 Likes

i miss so much by not attending cons. ROFL! :smile:

How’s about this?

They are fun. I got to go to Emerald City CC last year at the last minute. It was pretty sweet. A lot more laid back than San Diego.

3 Likes

Chuckle! That one’s a Star Wars thing, right? (I’ve seen the movies, just not a whole lot of times, except for the original…)

No telling what the regulars do to con newbies…

1 Like

ROFL! That’s ED-209 from Robocop!

2 Likes

Contain your glee…it’s the one movie I haven’t seen. And it looks a lot like the SW stuff…

(I’d better quit while I’m behind! ROFL!) :joy:

1 Like

My 3d printed ed-209 for everyone’s enjoyment.

21 Likes

Hey, i know that one…it’s from RoboCop…:wink:

7 Likes