Considering reselling

Bender!

10 Likes

Unless they really pull a rabbit out of a hat, Iā€™ll be selling mine.

Your Bender or ED209?
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I actually donā€™t have any of them, but I meant my Glowforge.

I figured, but wanted to throw in some humor based on the previous few responses.

1 Like

Peace sells, but whoā€™s buying?

I wonder how sales are now, with it $1000 more, and possibly not available for another 6-8 months. I do hope they do well.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to know that, too. I can say that while I was at MFNY I spoke with several people about my Glowforge experience. More than one of which said something along the lines of ā€œThanks. Iā€™ve been on the fence but I think youā€™ve convinced me to buy one.ā€

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure it will be an easy sell once alignment and supply/demand is fixed. Hopefully alignment will be acceptable (accurate, and not guessing to the closest 1/4 in) soon. Supply issues will take a few more months to solve.

A7DE1D4B-F89A-4926-83C0-9F502D5297D1-2474-0000026C36E3B344

Keep GF > Use it to make $1000 in profit > Buy other laser > Make 2x as much $$ because you can run multiple jobs at once > Keep both!

No?

4 Likes

If I didnā€™t have a full time job I would probably use it to try and make money, this is just a toy for me at this point. just like my 3D printer and vinyl cutterā€¦ My wife sees something cool on pinterest and I make it! Iā€™m still thinking it might be best to sell it because I know it is going to end up sitting around not being used for months on end! and I would much rather buy a paramotor! but I am hanging on tight, with my referrals and everything I am in for less than $1000 for the basic and that seems like a heck of a deal. might as well play with it and see what happens! I keep hearing that it is well worth the wait! 2 years, that is a long wait time but I am a pretty patient person. We have all learned patience over these past two years!

2 Likes

Holy cow, thatā€™s a lot of referrals! Glad youā€™re still hanging in thoughā€¦worth the wait. :wink:

I went through my e-mails and counted 20 total. Just think, if they only got the basic models and thatā€™s it, I am responsible for about $60,000 in sales! I wish I knew the exact amount purely out of curiosity! it would be cool if they made some sort of top referral list to show who got the most referrals. and heck, if each of the people that used my referral also referred peopleā€¦ thatā€™s like a billion dollars! :slight_smile: butterfly effectā€¦

4 Likes

This is 100% false. As someone who did well with referrals, and kept every email for tracking purposes, I can 100% ASSURE you, what is in your referrals is ACTIVE referrals. Those who canceled are no longer on this page.

What is false? I kept all of my e-mails as well. My referral page shows ten, I kept getting referrals long after the 10 spots filled up. I understand about my active referrals, if one cancels I hope it is backfilled with one of my other referrals.

I just donā€™t quite understand what you are stating is falseā€¦

The person was referring to the old referral meter. Not the one now showing referrals. The old one was never updated.

1 Like

Youā€™ll potentially make your <$1000 back very easily, Iā€™ve made $300 on a hour of laser time plus 2 hours of paint/assembly time several times over. :smiley:
(Thatā€™s a dozen leather masks)

1 Like

Correct. Did not know he was speaking about the old one.

1 Like