Continuous Air Assist Fan Error message

Now that you mention magnets, I have been using magnets to hold down the board…I am wondering if that could be it. Maybe I should go back to using painters tape??? I am learning a lot. Thank you!

Yes. Some users have had issues with magnets. You might try printing without them,

I’ve never encountered this, and my magnets are strong enough that you can’t pull them free if they slip off material and attach the bed directly.

Aloha Marc,

Here is a picture of my "unit…"

Mahalo for the help.
Mariko

Makes sense…especially since I am trying to make the most of the small “working surface” that I am placing my image near the magnet strips I am using. This makes so much sense. I am going to run a test with my painter’s tape again.

Use these:

3 Likes

Think of what you know about magnetic fields and electricity, and all that moving rapidly through strong fields. I did not think of that while using them but did a double face palm when I thought of it,

Also bed pins you can make are lifesavers but not so flavorful…

Jinx

1 Like

Oh, I read this post but didn’t even think about printing the pins. Thank you!!!

1 Like

if you scroll waaay way down in that thread i added some modified pins as well that i find last longer than the original ones but to each their own.

2 Likes

This is why I tell my kids to focus in Science! SMH. LOL.

2 Likes

That’s the cleanest unit I’ve ever seen.

6 Likes

That’s about what mine looked like after close to 30 months. I didn’t bother taking a pic because it didn’t look much different than it would new. Barely any dust on it. I’m wondering if efficient venting is much more important than we think…

3 Likes

To add my experience…

I have had a unit for 3 years and long before the air assist sensor was enabled I used standard quarter size rare earth magnets to hold down material. They worked perfectly. At some point I noticed that the smoke stream blown toward the front door would start and stop as the head moved across the material. I stood behind my GF and could actually see the air assist fan stop every time it moved directly over one of the magnets.

I no longer use magnets to hold down if there is any possibility that the fan will pass overhead. The company enabled the air assist speed sensor some time ago which would cause an error.

5 Likes

My exhaust vent run is quite free flowing, and I suspect it makes a difference. I have actually never cleaned my optics after 2 years of light use. I am not suggesting that anyone else follows suit, but the smoke in my 'Forge whisks away very quickly. I think it helps.

Wow. Thank you for this additional info. At least now I know how to strategically place my magnets if I ever decide to use them again. I appreciate your kokua!

1 Like

The problem is the magnetic field above the magnet where it is not useful. They sell so called “cup-magnets” that have steel cups on top that will cut the magnetic field above. A small screwdriver held about the height of the gantry will tell you how strong the field is there.

Regular Neo-magnets will pull strongly, cup magnets almost not at all, even though that can be equally strong below the cup.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sending over this image. Your Air Assist Fan does appear to be clean and in correct order. I see that @eflyguy suggested reviewing magnets inside of your Glowforge’s bed while printing. Were you able to narrow this down as the cause to the error message, or are you still experiencing the same error?

1 Like

Since refrainig from using the magnets, I have been able to run my GF with no problem(s). Thank you so much for all of the help and follow up!! I feel a lot better.

2 Likes

I’ve had nothing but air assist fan errors ever since the update on the app. Prior to the update I’ve never seen that error before.

You should open your own thread if you want support on this issue. They can only support one owner per thread.