Continuous Air Assist Fan Error message

My exhaust vent run is quite free flowing, and I suspect it makes a difference. I have actually never cleaned my optics after 2 years of light use. I am not suggesting that anyone else follows suit, but the smoke in my 'Forge whisks away very quickly. I think it helps.

Wow. Thank you for this additional info. At least now I know how to strategically place my magnets if I ever decide to use them again. I appreciate your kokua!

1 Like

The problem is the magnetic field above the magnet where it is not useful. They sell so called ā€œcup-magnetsā€ that have steel cups on top that will cut the magnetic field above. A small screwdriver held about the height of the gantry will tell you how strong the field is there.

Regular Neo-magnets will pull strongly, cup magnets almost not at all, even though that can be equally strong below the cup.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sending over this image. Your Air Assist Fan does appear to be clean and in correct order. I see that @eflyguy suggested reviewing magnets inside of your Glowforgeā€™s bed while printing. Were you able to narrow this down as the cause to the error message, or are you still experiencing the same error?

1 Like

Since refrainig from using the magnets, I have been able to run my GF with no problem(s). Thank you so much for all of the help and follow up!! I feel a lot better.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had nothing but air assist fan errors ever since the update on the app. Prior to the update Iā€™ve never seen that error before.

You should open your own thread if you want support on this issue. They can only support one owner per thread.

@Mariko808 thank you for letting us know that great news! Since the issue with the alert has been resolved, Iā€™m going to close this thread. Please reach back out if you run into any more trouble.

@bmlockes I see you emailed us about this, Iā€™ve located your message and Iā€™ll follow up there shortly with the next troubleshooting steps.

1 Like