Cool new (to me) piece of kit

It takes a lot to get me excited about a piece of kit these days but this did it.

This thing is made for gamers and Livestream content creators, of which I am neither.

I had been looking for a programmable keypad but all of the “industrial” ones have been expensive, hard to program, and worst of all, you have to make your own icons out of paper for the keys.
With the Stream-deck each key is a mini screen so there are no cutting icons out of paper. This thing is relatively easy to program, and not too expensive.
I picked one up on Amazon for $100 over the weekend but I see the price is back up so you are on your own on finding the best price but you will never pay more than$150.

I plan to load it up with all kinds of hotkey combinations for Inkscape and Fusion 360
There are only 15 keys but you can nest functions into folders and subfolders so there is no telling just how many functions you can practically program into one of these.

If I had known just how cool it was going to be I’d have bought two!

This is my top level so far

And this is where it takes me when I press “Web Fav”

And yes, it goes great with the overall motif of the lair.

26 Likes

looks like cool device. I do wonder why these days no one has made one at this price point just using a touchscreen for infinite combinations of size, position, and number of buttons.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s cool. (And I like your lair…it looks cozy. And interesting…lots to look at.) :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey your work space is like mine! ORGANIZED! IF we only had more room I could have more stuff! That looks like the ticket for key commands. As I learn Affinity I may need to pick up one. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

I was afraid as I posted that that final-photo gave took much away. Now I’m sure. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I liked looking at all your stuff in your lair, too. I’ll bet you know where everything in there is when you need it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

ROFL! Looks exactly like mine except you look like you have a more comfortable chair there.
(That’s the natural habitat of a maker.) :smile:

4 Likes

Lol it is by necessity it is more organized than it looks. Generally I can find whatever in under 5 minutes. If I don’t find it in 5 it could be days because it is not logged.

1 Like

Sweet share. Nice to have a pic of your lair to associate with you. Glad you got room still for the “launch missiles” and “self-destruct” buttons.

3 Likes

There is a cheaper (~$80) 6 button version of this also.

2 Likes

You know, that is actually a great idea! If I pull that off I’ll post a video and tag you.

1 Like

There is but why? Give me a 30 button version!

1 Like

Cost, it’s half the price of the normal 15 button one.

When one of these is available in a touchscreen with a Star Trek TNG theme, I’ll take it!

1 Like

Yeah, with individual buttons you are kind of stuck with a stos or 2001 motif.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.