Copy and paste

The same applies to all premium shapes. Every copy creates a new print step.

2 Likes

Got it - I missed the mention of creating the text in the GFUI - right there in the last sentence.

@wayne if it’s solely text you can create that in Word or equivalent and save as .pdf. It might make your life easier!

1 Like

Does anyone notice that the regular Copy Paste method with Mac is not working today? Or is it a glitch on my end?

1 Like

Must be a glitch. Not working on my end either (running safari and MacOS Catalina) … GlowForge people, PLEASE FIX THIS. This is a fundamental user interface concept (look at Illustrator and/or Corel, can you imagine copy/paste being so unpredictable?). It is unacceptable that it is sooooo hard to make this happen within the GF UI. Just add a copy/paste icon(s) to the UI and be done with it. I am really annoyed at this point. What a waste of time. arrrrhhhhgh!!!

3 Likes

@sg1 & @marini.sutrisno The Glowforge staff only reviews the Problems and Support section - they will probably never see this.

Copy and Paste works just fine. If your browser has gotten clogged, clear the cache or try a different browser - this is the MOST common solution to so many problems, and not something :glowforge: can help with.

If you are using a device that does not have a keyboard or a right click option that is your choice, but not an issue with the software.

1 Like

@deirdrebeth Thanks for your feedback. I just re-read my post and I was clearly showing a bit too much frustration based on pretty much everything with computers and technology going wrong today here at work. Didn’t intend to take that out on GF. I do think it would a good idea to have a button in the UI for copy/paste - I’ll suggest that in the Support section.
I will try clearing my browser cache and see if that helps. Again, my apologies for sounding like an *ss.

5 Likes