Corel was just sold to new owners

Interesting.

7 Likes

And now we wait to see the software changes.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about that; why would they invest in the software? Better to acquire a mishmash of smaller software companies through debt and then list the hideous creature you’ve created.

2 Likes

Eventually, everything will be a division of whatever big fish ate up all the other fish :disappointed: It would not be the first time someone bought up a competitor to get a few patents and the kill it. Lots more money in that than running it. :unamused:

2 Likes

A central plot point of Idiocracy.

1 Like

This happens all the time, especially with software. Companies buy other companies and cannibalize them or just outright kill them.

1 Like

Buying companies, stripping them of any liquid assets, combining them with other companies and then loading them up with debt before an IPO is the first play in the KKR playbook.

Unlike the current private equity owners that appear to buy low and keep them alive until the market recovers and then sell high.

5 Likes

Hah. I completely misunderstood your earlier reply. I think we are in agreement.

1 Like

The advertising for when Gatorade buys Miracle Gro.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Several movies I think

Wondered what has been going on.
Kept getting notices about Last Chance To Upgrade.

Kind of sad, since all this together sounds like no further upgrade path (maybe). Buying a complete new box experience is going to suck.
I usually just upgrade every other year or three, depending on what is new.

3 Likes

I think version 6 was the last time the 3D stuff worked.

Running the 2017 and I also still have a version 4 registered from when I had another license at work.
4 is quirky on windows10 but it works, so I leave it on the laptop for quick fixes on designs.

1 Like

Running X8. Figured that was the end of the line for me because of the subscription model coming up.

1 Like

Dammit. Now I want to watch that movie again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.