Cork Coasters and Rubber Stamps

We have a Pro.

With some of the updates, we have actually called the power back to 65 and have better performance. Power set at 70 almost over cuts/engraves now.

1 Like

Thanks!

This might be a silly question but why not cut it out with the GF instead of scissors? Thanks for all of the info! Stamps have been on my to do list.

Good question! I have tried cutting the rubber with the GF once the stamp has been etched, but it requires such a high power setting and low speed that it tends to melt the rubber and leave me with a mess.

Having said that, I have only tried a few times and it deserves more attempts to see if there is a setting that would work well.

Anyone have success with cleanly ā€œcuttingā€ gray laser rubber? If so, what settings did you use?

Thanks in advance.

I did get a clean cut, but I checked my notebook and apparently I didnā€™t write the settings down ā€¦ I will check another place later today.

Good morning, please share setting as I would like to make some cork coasters. Thanks

If you search the forum for cork settings you will find many projects that include settings.

For the coasters in the picture above, we used the following settings: Speed: 1000, Power 20, Varied. Make sure you do a test using your unit, it may be different. Also, most cork is not ā€œlaser safeā€ā€¦so, you are on your own with that.

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard that before. What makes most not laser safe?

2 Likes

My stamp engraved perfectly the first time following your settings and info! Thanks so much for sharing! :slight_smile:

what kind of rubber?

Natural cork is fine, but engineered cork products use all types of glue and adhesive that may not be laser safe.

Welcome to the forum. I see you have been here a long time.