Cosplay Mace

Here is a mace I made for my kid’s cosplay costume.

My wife’s been playing with a white sheet and lights in order to take better pictures of my stuff (for Etsy). So the photos are a little washed out, but better than any photo I could take.

40 Likes

Now I need to know what the rest of the costume is…

3 Likes

He plays a rogue character in D&D. He likes to accessorize his costume.

I don’t have a picture right now, I’ll see if I can dig one up.

2 Likes

Obviously your kid’s friends wish you were their dad, too. Nice mace!

4 Likes

Awesome job!

Can you sneak attack with a mace?

3 Likes

FYI, there is some inappropriate language in this video.

“You’re going to backstab him with a ballista?”

2 Likes

In 5e, you can generally sneak attack any time you have advantage on the attack or if the opponent is in melee with some other entity.

You can sneak attack once per turn (not per round, which is important if you have a battlemaster fighter around to call commander’s strike, thus 2 sneak attacks per round if you do it correctly).

So, uh… “yes”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Only with a finesse or ranged weapon for 5e. Otherwise I would have multiclassed my monk into a rogue to get sneak attack headbutt. :grin:

3 Likes

Ah, fair point. Maces generally aren’t finesse weapons, so if your DM is no fun and doesn’t homebrew you a lightweight finesse mace, then no.

I say just reskin a rapier and call it a mace, rule of cool :slight_smile:

I’d totally let you do that. You’re burning levels to get that multiclass, you should be rewarded with an awesome headbutt. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thankfully, this mace is made of wood, and not steel, so it’s much lighter, thus should fit as a finesse weapon.

But I’m no DM.

3 Likes

What an awesome Dad!

1 Like