Costume Overseer Overloard

So my kid wanted to be his Roblox character. I said sure then he showed me. I had never done wings before and it was a challenge. His hat was also his candy bucket. He loved throwing candy in the air and catching it is his hat.

44 Likes

Nice team effort :star_struck:

5 Likes

Awesome job on it! :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

Wow! I hope your child appreciates all your work. Just curious, were any parts made on the GF? What else did you use besides scissors?

5 Likes

image All the feathers were cut on the glowforge in strips. The scissors were used to cut a stray feather off the strip here and there to fill in gaps. Also the scale looking panels by his legs, the star pattern on his chest, the gray curved strips on the chest, the entire hat, the scratch pattern on the gray forearm piece, and the stars were done on the glowforge.

Here is a picture of the wings with all the glowforge feathers. No way I would have cut hundreds of feathers by hand. Glowforge made this costume possible.

image|375x500

12 Likes

oops! Sorry, I didn’t realize this post was in the ‘Made on a Glowforge’ category. I thought it was under ‘everything else’. Obviously my question seems silly now :slight_smile:

But again, this is amazing and I’m glad the GF made it easier.

1 Like

I designed the hat. It was entirely cut on the Glowforge, with the exception of the gold pipe cleaner wire. It took me a while to get the pattern right to get the hat to go straight up then flair out towards the top like a vortex.

6 Likes

This is magnificent!

3 Likes

What a great costume. I bet he loved it. I am glad you don’t live where I do. Halloween night was about 40 degrees with light rain and heavy wind.

3 Likes

Wow, you are a heck of a Mom! Very impressive costume, and I can see he was really tickled with it.

3 Likes

I bet he got lots of attention with that awesome costume! Great job!

3 Likes

FANTASTIC! Wow! That is one great costume. I love your User Handle - MamaMakeit! He won’t leave you alone now!

4 Likes

You are a very talented mom.

3 Likes

Holy cow! That’s a fantastic costume! Congrats on a great project and looking forward to seeing your next ones.

3 Likes

Amazing work,he had to be thrilled!

2 Likes

You have wicked skills. Just remember you’ll have to top that next year haha.

1 Like