Costumes today anyone?

Same here in Raincouver

1 Like

5 Likes

We had a house like that in my neighborhood - not far away, but unkempt lawn and decrepit - and the rumours.
One year at the beginning of school we were selling jewelry as a fund-raiser so I thought what the hell. Turned out to be an old man who had two granddaughters for whom he bought necklaces :smiley:
That Halloween I totes went up to his house and he gave money as well (not expecting anyone to knock)
As an adult I realize he was a hoarder, but as a kid I got SO MANY kudos for “braving” that house :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Spider Man and some other black clad hero was at Walmart today.
I can’t unsee this. So not fair!

Yup! Nothing Glowforged this year…just a whole lot of sewing!

(Jane from Disney’s Tarzan.)

17 Likes

nah. just have never had kids living on our street.

Sitting at the local brewery right now (57 miles from the house). Costumes of every type, gender, animal, mythical being, fruit, and scary past dates. Didn’t know today was Halloween so am dressed as a retired old guy.

8 Likes

Dang! We have got some determined little munchkins! They are swimming up the street…mommy and daddy desperately trying to keep up with the big umbrellas… :joy:

“You will not keep me from my candy!”

4 Likes

We bought a house smack in the middle of Apostolic Lutheran country. Haven’t had a trick or treater in 6 years. I finally figured it out and quit buying candy and then eating it all myself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

We’ve been obsessed with the movie Meru, which led to watching a lot of climbing movies. If you haven’t seen Meru, you must watch it. My wife found an old photo of climbers and so we did our best. I didn’t have an appropriate hat. :frowning: We’ve been amazed at the limited warm weather gear that they had back then.

I found a climber supply site and traced some belay loops, an ice pick and carabiners, which I then cut on the Glowforge.

7 Likes

Laser cut all the pieces based on the plan from Kamui.

11 Likes

A little after 4pm yesterday I decided that I had procrastinated long enough on making some kind of costume, so I downloaded some wintercroft designs and slashed them out with an exacto knife, as I didn’t have time to edit the designs for the GF. Got 'em done just in time, and successfully traumatized many small children who came to the door. Even made a tiny little spiderman cry.

12 Likes

Rio went as The Squirrel Hunter.

11 Likes

you need to GF him up a squirrel pelt bandoleer.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.