Cotton candy glowforge

Don’t like how your glowforge smells? Well then just pick out your favorite smelling cotton candy and throw it in there with settings of 700 speed and 5 power. Your glowforge will now bring back carnival memories any time you run it :grin:

I don’t regret anything with this experiment.

43 Likes

How did it taste?

5 Likes

Like cotton candy :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Does this take the cake for strangest item glowforged? I know there was a grain of rice once upon a time, and seaweed as well.

If glowforging cotton candy would absorb the acrylic stench, I’d do it every time :joy_cat::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Lol, I happened to see a jar of cotton candy when checking out at Homegoods. They get me every time with those fun things in the checkout line.

My next project is felt for a pool table. But the cotton candy is my favorite so far because it smells so good!

6 Likes

We have a cotton candy machine so no need to laser it, but I do love the smell. I don’t even really like the actual stuff all that much, but the smell is lovely.

2 Likes

It makes me a little nauseous. Rode way too many rides in my late teens at the fair once, and all you could smell was cotton candy the entire time. I went home and layed down for hours while still feeling sick. Still eat it though :joy:

6 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Cotton candy at the fair is the best!!

4 Likes

The impulse buy turned GF experiment! What fun!

2 Likes

I love how you try everything in the GF!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol well I always look to the forums first. So I rely on the cool community here. I was about to do Teflon but learned from the community that it’s not worth the risks with my setup.

1 Like

Good to know! I rely on the forum too!

2 Likes

My daughter would LOVE this. Might have to surprise her sometime

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure someone has done gingerbread in their GF before. I think they were decorating panels for a gingerbread house.

1 Like

And here I was thinking, “where on earth did you find cotton candy?” Was wondering if you made a special trip to the fair :slight_smile:

You can buy it just about anywhere! I just ordered some from Target for stocking stuffers. But Dollar Tree has it, too! In fact, they had “Fluffy stuff” in Birthday Cake flavor and it was incredible. Of course, we never saw that flavor again after that. lol My daughter loves it.

Edited to add: Oooh I found some birthday cake cotton candy! lol
https://www.amazon.com/Fluffy-Stuff-Birthday-Cotton-Candy/dp/B07D8WG1CZ

2 Likes